Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New dress

I have finally finished the dress, finished it last night but it looked terrible on the hanger, so waited until tonight for a try-on. And a twirl! I know it's picky, but it's pulling a bit across the collar bones- I can just get the zipper done up too, will be do some adjusting in a few weeks! But she loves it, which is great.
Due to my massive vintage button collection, I refuse to buy them anymore, and so they are all mismatched, and I used double on the sleeves- I quite like, a bit of a feature I think. Little miss is caling it her "Holly Hobbie" dress.
Now I have finished the fun stuff, the boring ironing awaits, and I am turning flat sheets into fitted. Magic!

4 comments:

laughing purple goldfish said...

looks like it passed the 'twirl test'... very important test, that one!

gorgeous work :)

ps. can you email me at laughingpurple@aapt.net.au re- the hook holder? much appreciated

Bec said...

This looks great - I can see why Little Miss loves it, and yes, it is very 'Holly Hobbie' :)
Wonderful!!!

Angie said...

The dress is lovely, glad I'm not the only one who has long-running sewing projects.

I'll be checking out those op shopping links, got some oppy goodness myself this week.....everyone must be starting to spring clean.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

the dress is just gorgeous, I can totally relate to the hanger appeal, I just take the photos anyway - and then plan to take photos of her wearing them later ... of course I never do!