Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's rock and roll

This song has been in my head all day- from what is probably the worst movie of all time. Hey, I might lose fans by saying it, but come on, it's true!!
Anyway, despite not knowing all the words, I hummed along as I took the Little Miss (still wearing my top, happy mummy) to Richmond yesterday. The concentration.....

and the cheeky brat poses after nearly whippin' my ass! A draw, 88 all, embarrassing! I have a strict "no letting the kid win" rule for all games, mainly because I hate losing, but so far this week I haven't won a hand of Uno, Go Fish is becoming my LEAST favourite game, and bowling may become an annual event. Too much breast milk is my excuse!! (said very tongue-in-cheek)


So, as punishment (which didn't really work, she likes it as much as me) we rode the silver escalator to Ikea. As well as candles, I picked some amazing fabrics....
this one (already nabbed by child as a bag)


This gorgeous one that I split with Cam

and this one, all for me me me! Yum.

The other reason I went, was to help improve the lounge room. This op shop couch is an Ikea one, and I like the soft squishy cushions, so

I bought some extra inserts for $8.99 each, and made covers from the stash! A fourth is waiting to be made up, ran out of time)


If anyone finds a huge lace tablecloth a la the red one, I'm happy to buy it off you, the pink and yellow aren't doing it for me! I need to coordinate....

6 comments:

Vic said...

Ikea...! *wanders off in a lovely ikea induced daze*

Kate said...

I love that song too! I have the Grease 2 soundtrack and the dvd and I'm proud of it!! Loving that top on little miss and as for getting thrashed in Uno, I know too well how that feels.

CurlyPops said...

I'm still dreaming about using my gorgeous orange birdie fabric!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh Grease 2, i didn't get it, i was really sporty & didn't watch many movies as a child, i can honestly say i've never seen Grease either. A bit proud of that!! Never seen Dirty Dancing either.
Bowling, goodness, i have avoided those parties, i think i'd get the giggles, go weak & be useless. Are adults allowed guard barriers??
Cute top, you could applique "Pin Pals" on the back?? Non??
Good fun, love Posie

Janice said...

At least you had a win with your Ikea fabric. I love Little Miss' choice.

Bianca said...

Snap! I have that white and green IKEA fabric too! Lovely!

PS I suck at bowling, so you can play against me anytime for an ego boost.