So, as I finished the sew a long dress a bit too quickly, I decided to make a bag. I found the mustardy yellow fabric in the remnant bin- yep, the roll sold that quick at my Spotlight that they had a remnant leftover! A bit cheaper too, $10 for 1.3m.
I paired it up with this pattern; the 2nd pattern of Nikki's I bought, and that I got at the pattern launch- gosh, I felt like I met someone famous that day! Well, I kinda did- my kind of famous, anyway!
The first bag I made from this pattern was pretty terrible, no photos remain and I
don't think it was ever blogged!
It's a bit fiddly, lots of steps, but worth it in the end....
(I wasn't feeling in a modelling mood, and the kid is having pj day as she's sick- so
Fem Bot stood in for us. Thanks, darl!)
I usually wear mine on this side; I
purposely put the adjuster at the back to there is less bulk at the front. Smart like that I am teehee
a zippered gusset;
the lining was a quilting cotton I picked up in Spotty in the sales- reminds me I love me!
And am worth a new bag whenever I feel like it!
And I challenged myself to another zip, this time a pocket. I don't have a fear of zips- just am generally pretty lazy, and prefer not to if I can get away with it. Luckily, Nikki's patterns have such good instructions they take no time at all!
This will sure brighten up the wintry days to come!
Now to go and sort the washing- it can only ever be put off!