Sunday, April 8, 2012

But wait, there's more!

I mentioned yesterday I'd come back and show you the 'special' items from our Daylesford/Bendigo day trip.

I scored this chenille bedspread at the MS shop in great condition for...$6.50! Unheard of in Melbourne oppys.
I have a few baby quilts to make, this will be good for the back (of the girl's ones)


Close up of the pattern in the middle


My sister found this panel of 'Alice in Wonderland' fabric at the Lark sale


while I was over scoring this amazing Magic Roundabout bedspread. such an amazing vintage piece! (there is a remade version of this show, but the original is always the best)!


I also found this circus themed barkcloth looking piece, a curtain. Amazing, isn't this? It will be hard to cut into this!


And a new nightie- she picked the sheep fabric a while ago for pj's, but loved the nightie idea. If only we'd bought enough for long sleeves!


don't know what happened with the colour!

 It really is the best pj pattern!


3 comments:

Tanya said...

I love it how your girl always smiles happily when wearing your sewn clothes...my girl is less accomodating! Sewing a top for her today and she repeated a couple of times 'are you going to get offended if I don't like it?!'- Tedious! Great nightie, and great thrifty finds, Bec

Nikki said...

Wow - huge fabric score (extra points for original vintage!!). DOn't forget I have a few bedpreads for you, too (free!).

Leonie said...

Great finds! Looks like you've been having a wonderful school hols. Love the nightie too.