Sunday, March 24, 2013

All zig zaggy.

 There are some bubba's coming up (great news for quilters in case you haven't heard it haha) and I wanted to try out some zig zags again (or 'chevrons' as they are also known). Looking back, I think my sewing has sure improved in 5years!

The fabrics are mainly from Spotlight's 'Organic' range (meterage on special at the moment). I used the Fat Quarters, mixed with some cream and purple Homespun, and some Sarah Fielke spots.




 Either way you look at it, it looks good in my opinion!


  I started it last weekend, and had the top finished in a weekend; I took it to Quilt Guild on Friday night, and thought I finished the quilting; I added more yesterday. I like the double effect now I've tried it.

 
I backed with chenille, mainly as I'm trying to use up some in the stash; this one is thicker than most, and it has a join in the middle; my batting it also pieces joined together, so I'm not very happy with the quilting over the thickness of the fabric. But it is so soft and will be great for a floor mat, and only us quilter's would notice I think (and probably politely saying nothing haha)


  Mmm, zig zaggy!


 Stay tuned- I've no idea if the intended recipient would like this, so I'm going to do a 2nd one in a different colourway, and offer a choice! 


3 comments:

Mistea said...

Those are fun zig zags. Love the chenille backing.
Enjoy sewing up more baby things.

Chris Willbanks said...

Oh I do love it! And the thing about quilters, well we also know how much love, time, and work go into even the smallest quilt, so we look at that part, not any possible squirrelly parts! Congrats on a beautiful finish!

willywagtail said...

Great quilt. I always love things with a pop of yellow. I am sure the bubba will enjoy looking too. Cherrie